Privacy & Cookies Policy
Who we are
Our website address is: https://catskillsmusic.com.
We are not assholes
We are not assholes. We will not share your data with anyone to sell you advertising or any other nonsense. Thank you for liking our music and visiting our site.
We are not very smart
Although we know lots about music we know fuck all about technical stuff so will not be using your data in any fancy ways. Having said that this policy document shows how we take care to ensure that your privacy and personal data is safe in our care, you can be confident purchasing and enjoying our music and merchandise from us via our website and through our partners.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect information about you when you:
– Visit the website or an affiliated website such as Bandcamp.
– Register to receive email news and updates.
– Buy our music, merchandise or other services from us on this website or through our retail and online partners.
– Register for free downloads or music streams available through our website or our partners’ websites
– Place a booking to attend any events that we are involved with promoting
– Participate in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires.
– Contact us in any way.
Depending on how you use our services the type of information we collect may include:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Your password
– Your location
– Your billing address
– Your shipping address
– Your phone number
– Whether or not you agree to marketing emails
– Details about 3rdparties that you share with us such as the name, address and telephone number of someone you may choose to send an order to
– Information about how you use the website – e.g. which pages you visited and the duration of your visit.
– Information about what you order and when or how you order.
– Any and all other correspondence between you and us
This list is only indicative and other personal information may be collected from time to time.
We do NOT store your payment details
Why we would need to use your data
If we’re honest we don’t know how we would actively use your data. We really aren’t that mean or tech savvy. Below is some blah blah blah about how we might use your data.
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand how we can best bring you the music and services that you want.
We only collect the information necessary for us to bring you our music, merchandise and other services. We use your information to:
– Manage and improve our website for you and other users.
– Personalise our services to you.
– Administer and operate your account.
– Process your orders.
– Tell you about important changes to the site and our services.
– Understand your purchasing behaviour and visit behaviour to develop and improve our website, products and services.
– Manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your preferences and feedbackYour preferences and feedback
When you place an order with us or simply visit our website you can register (opt-in) to receive marketing emails from us by entering your preferred email address and checking the relevant tick box on the checkout or the registration form.
If you later choose to unsubscribe (opt-out) from our mailing list you can simply follow the link on one of our emails, or navigate to the correct page on the site and follow the instructions.
It is important for us to know your opinion about our website, music and other services; we love to hear your views, which help us to improve.
From time to time we may contact you to canvas your opinions, but we will only do this if you are already opted-in to receive our marketing communications.
If you are not opted in to marketing communications we will only contact you with transactional or service information.
– Orders that you place on the website, or our partners’ sites for our music or merchandise – for example to confirm receipt of orders you have made and to update you about the delivery status.
– Questions you have asked us about anything.
– Changes to our services or the status of our website.
Your contact information
We will only contact you if you have opted into our mailing list and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.
Additional information, any problems or if we have accidentally been assholes
Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll see if we can remedy the problem and unasshole ourselves.